Friday, January 2, 2009

Stolen from Allie who stole from HEE

1. What did you do in 2008 that you had never done before?
Started trying to get pregnant, on purpose


2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't really make any resolutions last year and probably won't make any for this year. I have goals though.

My new resolutions(GOALS):
To keep up with my exercise and to get back into my correct eating habits


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Missy, my "other little sister".

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year.

5. What countries did you visit?
We just stayed in the US.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A baby

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My baby boy officially became a teenager on October 1st. The great fun we had at TimeGate on Memorial Day weekend and Dragon*Con on Labor Day weekend. And April 29th, our first wedding anniversary.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a promotion at work and keeping my blood sugar at a decent level

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not maintaining my blood sugar to the goal I had set for myself.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Other than the sniffles or paper cuts, oh and a hamster bite, we were all pretty healthy this year.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera. It really help to cut down our fuel bill over the summer.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My son, Killian. He finished the last school year and started this school year without getting in trouble at all. I know he can keep it up. I would love for him to be able to say he had a school year in which he did not get suspended at all.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I was going to say my aunt, but she has been the way she is my whole life. I'm used to it now.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and more bills.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Oh, crap. I get really, really, really excited about everything. Going to TimeGate, going to Dragon*Con (where I got autographs from Mickey Dolenz and Robert Llwelyn), going to two Braves games (where I got to see cutie-patootie, Brian McCann), going to Gatlinburg for Spring Break. Oh, but the biggest was probably going to see NKOTB in concert. It doesn't take much to amuse me.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Probably either Summertime or Single by NKOTB. And only because I have listened to the cd so much, I've probably worn it out.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? about 30 pounds LIGHTER!!!!
c) richer or poorer? richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Maybe exercising, but I'm pretty pleased with things.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home, with family.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I've been in love with my husband all year.

23. What concerts did you attend this year?
New Kids On The Block, Styx, Jeff Dunham, Jim Gaffigan

24. What was your favorite TV program?
American Idol, Lost, Hell's Kitchen, 24, Heroes, Doctor Who

25. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn't dislike this time last year?
No, don't think so.

26. What was the best book you read?
Hissy Fit by Mary Kay Andrews and the first two books in the Time Rover series by Jana Oliver.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My iPod. Does that count?

28. What did you want and get?
I met my first weight loss goal. I ovulated during each cycle (thanks to metformin, I'm sure). I got an iPod for my birthday (now not the only one in my house without one).

29. What did you want and not get?
A BFP.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Run Fat Boy Run?

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 34. Matt and Killian took me to the mall for a haircut and a mani/pedi, then they gave me my iPod.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Maybe getting a BFP, but the year was pretty damn good anyways.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Uninspired. And baggy.

34. What kept you sane?
Matt

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Brian McCann and David Cook

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Children's Healthcare

37. Who did you miss?
My step mom. She died 10 years ago, and I still wish she was here.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
IRL? Lizandro, my sister's boyfriend.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Patience is a virtue.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
And in a white sea of eyes, I see one pair that I recognize, And I know, That I am the Luckiest

No comments: