Sunday, February 1, 2009

Gearing up to tell the family

This coming up weekend will be when we finally start telling family. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday. And we decided we would tell family after that. I'll be 8 weeks. I'm hoping that by Sunday, my mom will be the only one that doesn't know. We have plans to go down to FL on Valentine's weekend and tell her in person. But Daddy, Matt's mom, BIL & family, SIL & family, and sister will be told on the 8th and 9th. I know they'll all be so excited. I hope that my sister can keep it to herself for a week until we can tell Mom. I'll probably let the ladies at work know after we get back from FL, only because I'm convinced I'm getting bigger every day.

As far as the pregnancy is concerned, things are going pretty well. Boobs are still off limits from any touching. It's amazing how much they can hurt! And m/s is here in the form of just general pukeyness, but I don't get it in the morning. It usually starts around 2pm and last until I go to sleep. I have found that popsicles (sugar-free) help me out a lot. And it makes planning dinner lots of fun.

Oh, and I've started the baby registry. But right now, it's more as a place for me to keep things marked that I'm interested in before we make a final decision. We have decided on a theme for the nursery. We are going to go with Jungle Babies. And Allie, I have you to thank. I want your Jungle Babies quilt and receiving blanket from your Etsy shop!

1 comment:

biomaj5 said...

I admire your ability to wait until 8weeks! I'm fairly certain that this will be the course of events when I get a bfp: First, I'll see 2 lines. I'll wake DH up either with my screaming or by jumping on him. Then I'll either call or text my mom (depending on if she's at work). Next to be texted will be my BFF. Then I'll probably post it. Work wont find out for as long as I can keep a secret (not very long). The inlaws may not find out for months lol.