Friday, February 6, 2009

8 weeks and telling!

Yesterday was my first big doctor's appointment. It went well. I didn't get to hear/see the heartbeat. They don't do ultrasounds in the office and I think their doppler isn't strong enough to hear the heartbeat at 8 weeks. But that's okay. Of course, I had to have lots of blood drawn for all the different labs and I had to have a pap smear. Yippee! They are going to refer me to a perinatologist because of my diabetes and past history of pre-e. I hope I'll get to see him soon. He's the doc that does all of their ultrasounds anyways. And I know the fact that I'm high risk will mean multiple scans. I go back in a couple of weeks for some more labs and to turn in a 24 hour urine collection. Yeah, sounds fun, right? Then I go back two weeks after that for my 12 week check up.

So, I went a head and told my boss yesterday after my doctor's appointment. She was excited and is happy for us. Then I told the rest of the office today by wearing my new shirt that says "Coming This Fall". All the ladies are so excited and my former boss has taken to calling my best friend co-worker "Auntie". It's kind of funny. Of course, several of them are upset with the fact that we will NOT be finding out if it's a boy or a girl. My response is green and yellow are nice, besides those are my favorite colors anyway!

As for family, we told Daddy and my sister last night. Daddy was so cute when he figured it out. He had the sweetest twinkle in his eyes. He built a bassinet for Killian and it's been out in the garage for a few years. I asked him if he thought the bassinet would still be good to use. He said, "Yeah, sure, I think, wait, are you...?" I said yep! He's excited. And my sister is excited too. I had to tell her over the phone though. She's up in DC.

We'll tell Matt's mom and his brother on Sunday. And then next weekend we're headed to Florida to tell Mom. I can't wait!

No comments: