Friday, March 6, 2009

I should update more often.

I really should. But I guess I'm lazy. Or just tired. Eh.

Anyway, I had my monthly check up yesterday. It looks like I've only gained a pound and a half since last month's visit. Whoo hoo! Of course, by my scale at home, I've gained a total of 4 pounds since the BFP. Which is pretty awesome to me.

So, Nurse Julie comes in the exam and asks if I'm ready to hear the heartbeat. Duh, yeah! Especially since I have not had my ultrasound yet. I was starting to wonder if there really was a baby in there. Of course, I have mucho tummy flab and she couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler. Found mine. So, off we go to a different exam room for the infamous dildo cam. That thing is long. That's all I have to say. But it didn't hurt and was nowhere as horrible as I had made it up in my mind to be. Needless to say, there was one beautiful baby in my tummy, with a wonderful little flicker for his heart. Now I can't wait until the 16th for the real ultrasound!

Matt and I did our taxes last weekend. Money should be arriving soon, I hope! I need it for baby furniture.

Oh, and I now have to check my blood sugar four times a day. It's lovely to have diabetes when pregnant. I know I'll have to start insulin soon. While my numbers aren't bad (in fact, pretty darn good for a non-pregnant person), the fact that I am pregnant changes things dramatically. The docs like to keep a tight rein on my numbers. I'm supposed to take a diabetes class now too. That hasn't been scheduled yet. Oh joy!

Anyway, that's all I have right now. I'll try to get better about updating, but no promises!

1 comment:

biomaj5 said...

yes, it has been a while missy!!!