Saturday, June 27, 2009

Button update, part 2

I talked to my nurse at the peri's office yesterday. I had emailed her a couple of questions that I forgot to ask at Tuesday's appointment. I had forgotten to ask about Button's juicy kidney. She said that everything is looking good on the kidney front. So whatever the issue was, it's worked itself out. I also wanted to know if, since Button's measuring so big, would they change my due date. She said no. They go by the due date determined by the earliest ultrasound. And since he was only measuring a few days ahead at the first ultrasound I had at 13 weeks, they are keeping my September 17th due date. But she did say that they will probably deliver at 39 weeks. The only way it would be any earlier is if there were some other factors, like if I were to get pre-eclampsia again. And if it looks like Button is getting too big, they will do an amniocentesis to make sure he is developed enough (lung wise) before delivering him. So, the plan is I'll just keep working until sometime in early September and gear up for having maybe a Labor Day baby?

2 comments:

biomaj5 said...

lol, isn't labor day at the beginning of Sept? Did you mean you'll work through August? ;)

Elaine said...

Labor Day isn't until Sept 7th this year, so I still have a week in September to work.