Monday, January 11, 2010

Honest Scrap Award



I was given the Honest Scrap Award from Dana at Growing Up Graham. The idea is for me to tell you 10 random, honest things about myself. Well, let's see what I can come up with!

1. I have two tattoos, one on each ankle. Both of them are Irish/Celtic in nature.

2. I once came in 1st place in singles in the state tournament in junior bowling.

3. I've met River Phoenix, John Corbett, Robert Llwellyn, Mickey Dolenz and got autographs from all of them.

4. I have a fondness for things English - mainly tv shows and movies. The Vicar Of Dibley, Absolutely Fabulous, Monarch of the Glenn, and Doctor Who to name a few.

5. I love board games. I own way too many of them, probably about 50 of them.

6. My biggest guilty pleasure is New Kids On The Block. I have loved them since eight grade. I've seen them in concert three times, once in high school and twice in the past year. Donnie was and will always be my favorite New Kid.

7. I know how to knit. But just basic knitting. I can't purl for anything. All I'm good for is a scarf. My greatest accomplishment in knitting is completing a replica of Tom Baker's scarf in Doctor Who.

8. I took French for a year in middle school, all four years in high school and for two years in college. Yet, I can't speak it!

9. I have had four surgeries. I had a tonsillectomy when I was seven. I had a benign tumor removed from behind my ear when I was twelve. I had a c-section with my first son in 1995. And I had a c-section with my second son in 2009.

10. I am the mother of a cancer survivor. My oldest son, Killian was diagnosed with Rhabdomyosarcoma when he was six years old. He had a year of chemo and six weeks of radiation. He has been cancer free since 2002, eight years this fall!

That was way harder than I thought it would be!

Now I have to pass this award to 5 other people. My awards go to -

Bio

Sandy

Mags

Bexie

Mana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what was it like to meet River Phoenix? Do you remember? I was such a big fan of his growing up!

Elaine said...

He seemed really nice. He had a local band in Gainesville, FL where I grew up called Alexa's Attic. I saw them in concert several times in the late 80's/early 90's. That's where I met him and got his autograph. I remember he had a cold that night and wasn't feeling that great. But he signed a few autographs anyway. I had my scrap of paper for years, but I don't know where it ended up. It's been 20 years.